2018 Board Election Nomination
Aug 22, 2018
Board elections will be held this Fall for two Registrants in District 1 (Lower Mainland) and one Registrant in District 2 (Outside the Lower Mainland).
This could be the time for you to consider serving on your College Board or to identify and nominate someone you believe would be a good candidate. We are privileged to be self-regulated and that is due entirely to the contribution of those who have made a commitment and volunteered to stand for election as well as those public members who have been appointed.
Here’s a quick look at the qualities the CTCMA Board is looking for.
- Ability to think and contribute strategically. Your viewpoints as a Registrant would be valuable.
- Principled and ethical. You do what you say you will do, understanding that some things are confidential.
- Welcome the viewpoints of others. You know that collaboration is the way the best work gets done.
- Good listener and communicator. You know when to take a harder line and when to accept majority opinion. You speak in a collegial manner (in English, the language of our Board) that people respond to.
- Thrive on problem solving. You look at issues and understand that root causes and symptoms are not one and the same. You keep the best interests of the College, top of mind.
- Dedicated to serving the public. After all, you serve your patients every day!
Board members from all areas of our profession bring diverse points of view to the table and work as a team to make sound policy and governance decisions in the public interest.
Each new Board member receives an orientation to Board governance and takes and signs an Oath of Office confirming their understanding and commitment to their role. The mandate of the Board is to uphold the College’s objective as set out in the Health Professions Act: to serve and protect the public. This could be an opportunity to make a personally satisfying contribution to your chosen profession.
The College uses an online system for Board elections. Nomination forms must be submitted electronically to the College by emailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for election nominations is Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM (PDT).
Your skills, knowledge and experience are needed. No doubt you have opinions and insights concerning our profession that you’ve always wanted to put forward. Well, your College would value your participation.