All applicants applying for registration with the College must successfully complete the Jurisprudence Examination.
Important notice (2020-03-13): Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the test centers for the Jurisprudence Examination will be closed from Monday, March 16. All currently scheduled candidates should log in to the platform to follow this change. New exams cannot be scheduled at this time.
Important notice (2020-04-02 updated): The closure of the test center is now extended to Friday, May 22.
Important notice (2020-05-22 updated): The closure of the test center is now extended to Tuesday, June 30.
Important notice (2020-06-30 updated): To enhance the candidate experience with the Jurisprudence Examination administration, CTCMA is collaborating with Yardstick to transfer the Jurisprudence Examination from Computer Examination with In-person Administration to Online Examination with Remote Examination Proctoring.
During the transition period, please mark down the following important dates:
Now to July 24, 2020
Limited Availability of Computer Examination at a Test Centre that has been Re-opened
If you wish to complete the Jurisprudence Examination using the current format (Computer Examination at a Test Centre), you may choose to submit the application and complete the Jurisprudence Examination by July 24, 2020, depending on the availability of the examination centers.
July 25 – August 26, 2020
Exam Administration Suspended
The Jurisprudence Examination will be OFFLINE due to transition to online remote format. Candidates will not be able to book or take the exam during this period.
August 27, 2020 Onwards
Exam to be offered in Remote Proctoring Format
Official launch of the Online Jurisprudence Examination with Remote Examination Proctoring – the application start date will be announced later
We will continue to provide updates on this transition and appreciate your patience in anticipating a more candidate-convenient Jurisprudence Examination.
Application Procedure ▶ ▼
The College contracted with Yardstick to administer the Jurisprudence Examination. Please follow the procedures below to apply to write the Jurisprudence Examination:
- Read the Jurisprudence Examination Candidate Handbook.
- Go to the Jurisprudence Examination Site: https://ctcmajp.ysasecure.com/.
- Click the ‘sign up’ button to create an account (if this is your first application to write the Jurisprudence Examination).
- Complete the required information in order to proceed with the application.
- Click on the ‘products’ tab and purchase the Jurisprudence Examination. Purchases are made online using a credit card only (no other form of payment is accepted).
- Once the purchase is complete, simply click on ‘Assessments’ and click on the flashing ‘book’ button that will appear next to the Jurisprudence Examination name.
- You will be required to choose the region, select available testing location you wish to write at and provide 3 date and time options that you are available to write the examination and submit the booking. The testing sites will review these dates and confirm which they are available for, using the first date listed as the candidates' first preference. Wherever possible the testing site will accommodate the first date provided.
After a booking is submitted, the booking request will be sent to the testing site for review and approval. You will be notified by the testing site once your booking is approved.
Examination Resources ▶ ▼
Jurisprudence Examination Candidate Handbook
The Jurisprudence Examination Candidate Handbook contains detailed information about the policies, procedures for the Examination, including examination format, scoring, passing grades, and application process.
Jurisprudence Course Handbook
The Jurisprudence Examination is based on the:
Jurisprudence Examination Accommodation
Candidates with a disability who requires examination accommodations must submit a request for consideration (in writing, signed, dated, and enclosed with supporting documentation) to the College at least twenty (20) business days prior to their anticipated examination write date.